in carmel valley
A creative haven that stirs all the senses, Carmel Valley blends nature’s majesty with man’s artistry. There’s no better place to tap into its small town charms than at Bernardus Lodge & Spa. Tucked among 28 acres of rolling vineyards, orchards and gardens, we invite you to savor the intimacy of a stylish Carmel resort with an epicurean spirit and a soothing soul.
Why Stay With Us?
When you’re surrounded by lush lavender, sun-drenched grapevines and sublime mountain views, the stage is set for love...
Experience Wine Country
Surrounded by the picturesque Santa Lucia Mountains on the famed Monterey Peninsula, Bernardus Lodge & Spa offers a tranquil setting and rich sense of place within the artistic village of Carmel Valley.
Four Star Hotel
Four Star Restaurant
Four Star Spa
Diners' Choice Award
A Dog Friendly Hotel
- A non-refundable, one-time fee of $200 per dog will be charged to your room.
- Maximum of two dogs per room.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while on property.
- Owners must be present or pets removed for housekeeping to freshen your room.
- Pets should be taken to our designated dog relief area when nature calls. Please preserve the beauty of our lawns and gardens for all to enjoy.
- Dogs are restricted from the following areas of the resort: Lucia Restaurant & Bar, Spa, Pool and Hot Tub areas, and Infinity Jacuzzi.
- Plush dog bed, food & water bowls, treats, waste bags and the Bernardus Barker newsletter outlining pet-friendly restaurants, parks, beaches and hiking trails.
- VIP pet sitting services available through local company for a fee.