what to know
At a Glance
- Number of guest rooms: 73 total, including 14 suites
- Check-In: 4:00pm | Check-Out: 12:00pm
- Canine pet friendly. Learn More
- Family friendly. Learn More
- 24-hour fitness room featuring custom Precor cardiovascular and strength training equipment. Learn More
- Full service Spa (Open 9:30am - 5:00pm daily) Learn More
- Warming pool
- Steam room & sauna
- Outdoor heated pool & hot tub Learn More
- Open 24 Hours
- Adult's only infinity jacuzzi spa
- Open daily between 8am and 10pm
- Bocce, croquet & tennis
- Award-winning Restaurant & Bar Learn More
- Complimentary Tesla and electric vehicle charging stations
- Complimentary use of luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles
- Poolside bar & dining (seasonal)
- Room service available 7:00am – 10:00pm daily
- 24-hour front desk, concierge & bell staff assistance
- Full service concierge services Learn More
- Complimentary business center located in the lobby
- Conference/meeting space Learn More
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplaces and firepits located throughout property
- Two acre onsite organic chef's garden
- Full service wedding and event planning specialists Learn More
All Reservations Include
- Complimentary wine upon arrival
- Complimentary wireless internet throughout the resort
- Valet & self-parking
- Daily newspaper
- Complimentary wine bar & butler’s pantry upon arrival that includes: Bernardus wine, beer, assorted beverages, water, Nespresso coffee machine, tea, gourmet snacks, cheese & fresh fruit (over $100 value)
- Iron & ironing board
- Bath robes and slippers
- Luxury Zents bath products
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Twice daily housekeeping service & nightly turndown with amenity
- Electronic safe
- In-room gas fireplace & outdoor balcony or terrace
Know Before You Go
- All rates are for single or double occupancy, unless specified otherwise. Rates for Two-Bedroom Villas are for up to four guests.
- Extra person fees for additional guests are $60 per person, per night, plus tax.
- Maximum occupancy limits apply. Learn more
- Rollaway beds available at $75.00 per night.
- There is no additional charge for children under 17 years staying with an adult.
- Pack ‘n Play cribs available at no charge.
- Taxes & Fees
- Hotel Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- California State Tourism Assessment: 0.195%
- County Tourism Assessment: $2.00 per night
- Resort fee: $60.00 plus tax per night
- Taxes and fees are subject to change without notice
- Lobby Hours - 24/7
- Cancellation policy: Seven (7) days notice prior to arrival is required to avoid a one-night room and tax penalty (unless otherwise specified).
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa is a 100% non-smoking facility.
- Dogs are permitted with a $200.00 per dog, per stay fee. Maximum of two (2) dogs per room. Dogs must be leashed at all times and are restricted to limited public spaces and to guest rooms. We welcome certified service animals in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Two standard and four Tesla charging stations are available
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card and a deposit of one-night room and tax unless, otherwise specified.
- All major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club and JCB.
Bernardus Lodge & Spa charges a nightly resort fee of $60 which includes valet & self-parking, glass of wine at check-in, guestroom wine bar & butler’s pantry on arrival featuring Bernardus wine, beer, assorted beverages, Nespresso coffee machine, tea, fresh fruit, cheese and selection of snacks, unlimited Wi-Fi access in guestrooms and public areas, nightly turndown with amenity, daily newspaper, morning coffee in the lobby, 24-hour concierge, access to spa facilities including warming pool, eucalyptus steam room and dry sauna, 24-hour fitness room, yoga classes, bocce, croquet & tennis and complimentary use of a Mercedes-Benz for up to four hours (four vehicles available on a first come, first served basis). This resort fee is taxable at 10.50% and is not in itself a tax. The total resort fee inclusive of tax is $66.30.
Resort fee is a standard charge and subject to change.
- Complimentary poolside cabanas & lounge chairs (available on first come, first served basis).
- In-room microwaves available upon request.
- DVD players & movies available upon request.
- Outdoor heated pool & hot tub.
- Outdoor tennis courts.
- Bocce ball and croquet.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them upon booking. Our amenities include but are not limited to:
- Accessible parking lot & hotel entrance
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room amenities
We require 7-day advance notice prior to arrival in order to change or cancel your reservation and avoid a charge of one night’s room and tax. A 14-day advance notice is required if your reservation includes specialty package elements.
- Any reservation booked with an invalid credit card will not be honored and the resort assumes no responsibility for inaccurate information.
- All rates are for single or double occupancy unless specified otherwise.
- Additional guests can be added to the following room types for an additional $60.00 per person:
- Double queen/ 4 occupancy
- King/ 3 occupancy
(rollaway charge $75.00 per night)
- Villa Suite/ 4 occupancy
- Villa/ 8 occupancy
- Hiking/biking trails
- Land Rover Experience Driving School
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Whale watching & fishing
- Scuba Diving
- Boat tours
- Tennis lessons
- On site fitness classes (Yoga, spin classes, etc.)
Our concierge is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and can assist with the following:
- Spa reservations.
- Assistance with local & onsite dining reservations.
- Wine tasting tours & other activity arrangements.
- Transportation - Taxi, private car service, etc.
- Arrange pet-sitting services.
- Amenity ordering & delivery - Flowers, packages, food, wine, spa gifts, etc.
- Shipping & mailing services.
- The Spa at Bernardus Lodge & Spa has a total of seven (7) treatment rooms and is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Services include deep tissue massage, hot stone massage, sports massage & Swedish massage. A variety of specialty treatment therapies are also available including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic and hydrotherapy.
- The spa is equipped with a steam room, sauna and warming pool.
- A credit card is required for all appointments. No shows or cancellations received within 24 hours of a scheduled spa or salon appointment will be charges 100% of the service price.
- For your convenience, a 22% service charge will be automatically added to all services. Additional gratuities are welcomed at your discretion in appreciation for exceptional service.
- To ensure a calm and relaxing environment, audible cell phone use is not permitted. Spa experiences are sacred, we ask that you please respect our quiet atmosphere. Smoking is not permitted.
- Spa guests must be 18 years or older to enjoy our services, warming pool and facilities. Guests under the age of 18, when accompanied by an adult, may receive nail services in our salon.
- Our outdoor pool is heated and accessible year-round. Relax in our hot tub or in one of our complimentary cabanas and lounge chairs (available on a first come, first served basis).
- Our pool is available for resort and/or Spa guest use only. Day passes to access our pool are unavailable.
- Spa guests must book a minimum of one (1) 50-minute spa service to enjoy pool access.
Accessible 24-hours daily and located adjacent to our Spa, our fitness room features custom Precor cardiovascular and strength training equipment to include treadmills, stationary bike and elliptical machine. There is also a weight lifting multi-station and free weights ranging from 3-50 pounds. We also encourage you to get out and explore the natural beauty Carmel Valley has to offer with nearby running and hiking trails not far from the resort.
- The resort is a non-smoking property (including e-cigarettes, vaping machines, etc.) and all guestrooms, patios, balconies and public areas are designed as such. Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area.
- A $250.00 fee will be applied to the room bill if smoking occurs in or around guestrooms.
- Dogs are permitted and a one-time, non-refundable cleaning fee of $200.00 will apply for each dog that is in the room. A limit of two dogs per room applies.
- Pampering pet amenities include:
- A luxurious bed
- Food & water bowls
- All-natural treats
- Cleanup bags
Lucia Restaurant & Bar, located in the resort lobby, is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast served daily from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Lunch is served daily from 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner is served daily from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- The bar is open daily from 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Room service is available from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily.
Five rooms or more is considered a group and must be booked through our Sales department. Groups are subject to the terms of a contract including cancellation policy and performance requirements. In the event that a group of rooms are booked as individual reservations, the resort reserves the right to require the block of rooms to be subject to the terms and conditions of a contract.